Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Visiting a Resort

I'd love to visit a resort, but I probably won't for a good while. First of all, my loving wife really enjoys the beach. Getting naked on the beach, enjoying the salt water, enjoying the peace and serenity, getting an all-over tan - it certainly can't be beat. However, she views the idea of going to a resort much differently. I don't know why.
I've tried to convince her that she'd really enjoy it, but I don't really know what's holding her back, so I can't come up with a reasonable argument. To top it off, she presented me with this dilemma:

Our families don't know about the fact that we visit nude beaches. Going to Sandy Hook? Well, there are plenty of textile beaches, they don't sell beach tags, and they have easy restroom access. No one that we've mentioned it to has asked, and even if they knew there was a nude beach, would probably not mention it to me. It is also a day trip, only a couple hours from home, so we don't have to worry about the dog.

So, if we go to a resort for the day, where do we say we are going? If we go overnight, we have to leave the dog, and then we definitely have to answer that question, since most places won't let us take our dog with us. (Hint to future resort owners - make it pet-friendly, and you might get more business!) Sure, we could lie about it, but I've mentioned already that I'm a Christian.

Yes, I lie, and so does everyone else, but it doesn't mean I should. So what should I do then? I don't have an answer yet, and maybe I never will. Of course, I still have to convince my wife to go, first.

P.S. Just read SunnyDay's message board, and she was talking about going camping with friends. So jealous!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    My name is Tom Mulhall. My wife and I own The Terra Cotta Inn nudist resort in sunny Palm Springs, CA. Good post.

    Unfortunately, your wife and you have preconceived notions about nudist resorts. Many are already pet friendly.

    Nudist resorts are great for taking vacations at, or nakations as they are called.

    We have lots of guests from the east coast stay with us as Palm Springs is the sunniest city in the US.

    As an example, out here in California, the nude beaches are fun. But they may only be in the low 70's in temp because of the cooling effects from the ocean, whereas the nudist resorts are all inland with warmer weather in in the 80's and 90's, so nudist resorts are way more popular in California than the beaches.

    All you do is tell people you are taking a vacation to Palm Springs, etc. You aren't lying and don't have to tell them you are going to a nudist resort. If they ask where you are staying, say with friends. It is the truth.

    Give nudist resorts a chance, they are so much fun. You get to meet so many nice people at them. I know you won't be disappointed.

    Then you can go to the beach for a day, and a nice nudist resort for a vacation.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tom,

    From where we live, most of the resorts within driving distance only accept pets if you are camping, not in a cabin or room. Now, if we traveled to California, we certainly would not be taking our lovely dog (our families are more than happy to dog-sit).
    As for just telling our family that we are visiting Palm Springs, for example, I could probably get by with my mom. My in-laws, however, ask lots of questions about where we go, and about the hotel. My wife is also a big picture person, something (from my understanding) that you just can't do much at a resort.
    Maybe you're right, but I can only envision scenarios where we have to start lying about which friends we are staying at or post pictures on Facebook and Myspace of places we haven't been to.

    ReplyDelete