Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Trip to Gunnison

I made it to Gunnison today. The last time I tried, there was traffic everywhere, and by the time I got there, Sandy Hook was closed. I spent 8 hours on the road, and all I did was eat at Johnny Rockets. But I digress.....

I had a great time again at the beach. I noticed a couple of things though. First of all, walking from the parking lot to the restrooms, we noticed a lady walking back to her car...naked. I give her props for doing something I'd love to be able to do. Ideally, I would love to not have to get dressed at all to go to the beach. However, knowing full well it wasn't appropriate to be nude in the parking lot, I don't really think it's right, either.
We saw a lot of younger people there today. For a weekday, that surprised us. While many of them were naked, some women had on really tiny bikinis. I just didn't get the point. Sure, you could never get away with them on most of the Jersey beaches, I didn't see how they were comfortable, or what the point was in wearing them at a nude beach. There were also quite a few men wearing speedo-like suits, but if you're not going naked, I can see wearing those instead of those baggy 5 lb. shorts.
Most importantly, I got to see jellyfish eggs for the first time. I wasn't looking forward to seeing them, but there were loads of them in the water and washing up on shore. It was a little strange, and once we noticed them, we didn't get back in the water (even though they are apparently harmless).

Next week - to Haulover!

1 comment:

  1. Modest Nudist,

    I have a quick question for you. As I told you in my earlier comment on your blog, I've been writing on another nudist forum about the problem of photography on nude beaches, and very unfortunately, no where is that problem more evident than at Gunnison. That being the case, and considering the fact that you and your wife apparently do NOT want people to know that you that you are interested in this lifestyle, does this issue not concern you? How do you deal with it?

    ReplyDelete