Friday, August 28, 2009

Observations from a textile beach

As I mentioned previously, my wife and I had our sister-in-law stay with us on our quick vacation to Florida. This meant, of course, that we would not be going to Haulover. We did mention that it was there, and there were some jokes about it, but we did not mention that we had wanted to go. She did mention that she was okay with the idea, even though she thought she could never go naked herself. However, we invited her for a different reason (one I won't divulge here), and felt it was best to just stick with the resort beach.

We certainly enjoyed the beautiful turquoise water, and having the resort amenities and restaurants was definitely a plus. Should you ever find yourself in the area, I recommend eating at the Pelican, which is on the pier at the Newport Beachside in Sunny Isles Beach. Be aware that the service isn't perfect, but the view and the food were great. Get the grilled fish over salad...

The downside, though, is swimsuits. I was fine with mine the first day, but on the second, I decided to walk towards Haulover from the pier (about a mile), just for the walk. I knew I wouldn't have time to get naked, anyway. About 3/4 of the way down, my wet swimsuit was chafing my legs terribly, and I realized that I had to turn around because it was only getting worse. Being a tad chubby doesn't help. I felt that burn for the rest of the trip, every time I had a swimsuit on, and especially in the salt water.

Like last time, a couple guys had on speedos, and a couple ladies had on thongs. None went topless, but most of them would constantly change their straps so they could have their even tan. They were constantly holding everything in place with as much modesty as their tiny tops would allow.

I'll post more observations later.

1 comment:

  1. The chafing and the constant adjustments to get an even tan, Makes me wonder why people tolerate swimsuits when going nude solves all those problems. Nearly nude isn't nearly as good. And to think people actually choose to be uncomfortable. Quite illogical.

    ReplyDelete