Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Reason for the Modest Nudist

Over the past year, I've taken a good, hard look at many of the naturist/nudist sites out there. There are some great sites and blogs, and I'll start noting them soon, but I had not yet seen a blog that expresses how I feel as a semi-nudist. Maybe I should start by stating a little about me....

I am first of all a husband and an educator. For this reason, I plan to stay diligent on protecting my privacy and identity. Maybe later I'll start a debate about the need to stay "in the closet", but as a male working in a school, I feel like I need to be careful for the time being.

I am also a Christian. I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord, and will make no bones about it. This isn't a blog about my faith, though, so while I will mention it from time to time, and I will discuss it in depth if you ask, I won't use this as a pulpit. However, I believe that my faith drives how I act as a nudist.

Last of all, I am a very modest person. If you ask the majority of my friends, they will tell you that being a nudist is the last thing they expect from me. A few know, and many do not. I choose not to share my nudist interest with many friends for various reasons. I will never be the politically vigilant nudist - you know, the type of person that would prefer to stay naked even in public - and when dressed, prefer for myself and my wife to dress modestly and professionally.

I hope that this blog will give you an insight on what it means to be a "modest nudist". What type of nudist are you? Vote in the first Modest Nudist poll, and share your comments.

8 comments:

  1. Well done... Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Modest Nudist,

    Looks like a promising new blog. I don't know if you've read any of my recent posts on the Sunny Day site, but I've been writing about the problem of photography on nude beaches, particularly for the reason that many people who go to them wish not to be "discovered," apparently like you. Basically, you sound like my type of nudist -- someone who enjoys nudism, but doesn't have any real political agenda tied to it. Sadly, it sounds like many others do have such an agenda. Anyway, just want to you to know that there are people out there who appreciate your way of thinking. Good luck with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to know I'm not alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and it's always good to hear a fresh point of view. I agree that there are legitimate reasons for not wanting to maintain anonymity. After all, we do live in the real world.

    I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog! I, too, am a "closet" nudist and an educator. Too bad society will not let us be ourselves.

    BareHare

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, BareHare, but unfortunately, society probably never will. Now, my wife has no problems mentioning it in her school, where she has a steady job, and is planning to stay there for awhile. I, however, am looking at moving up professionally, and being tagged as a nudist may not help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just discovered your blog from a link I followed from http://chatbocks.com where I post as notextiles. I also am a Christian (deacon in a Southern Baptist Church) and work in Christian broadcasting. For those reasons, I've found it necessary to maintain a "low profile" for my naturist activities. Its sad that most Christians buy into the general world-view attitude that nudity is somehow sinful and wrong. I'm looking forward to visiting your blog frequently. Greg (notextiles)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Greg! I know it can be tough to be a nudist when you are a Christian, especially when you don't know what peoples' attitudes are. For all I know, I could go to church with fellow nudists, but never know it because they are probably afraid to say something as well.

    ReplyDelete